The best wireless router you can buy
Well, to start with this topic, I hope we all agree that today’s world is nearly unimaginable without good internet. Some require a router to enjoy this internet in our wireless devices too.
So you will definitely be going to take the best wireless router, and it is a hard job to find which router is the best to choose. So here we listed out the top 10 best routers you can buy.
With various items like smart TVs, smartphones, laptops, tablets we also need a router to connect all these devices with a wireless stable internet connection, so a router can only solve all these demands. Now you need to see what bandwidth you require because to watch your favorite shows on NETFLIX you need a significant bandwidth to stream on your smart TV.
If you haven’t enough time, then you can check our editors pick.
Comparison Table of 10 Best Wireless Routers
Let’s look at the list of top 10 best wifi routers
This $220 (approx) router is the first choice on our list.
The TP-Link AC5400 router comes with a tri-band frequency system works on 802.11 ac and can add up to 5334 Mbps (bandwidth).
It is divided into two 5.0 GHz and one 2.4 GHz, the 5GHz frequency is capable of max speed of 2167 Mbps each and the 2.4 GHz is capable of a max speed of 1000 Mbps.
This is equipped with eight external antennas with MU-MIMO technology which detects the position of the device connected with it and produce network strength accordingly, keeps the connection more efficient and stable.
It is equipped with 2 USB ports (1*2.0 and 1* 3.0) and 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports for your seamless connectivity. The USB ports allow you to make your USB printer or external hard disk wireless.
It has inbuilt 1.4 GHz dual-core processor with three co-processors for your uninterrupted performance. It comes with inbuilt Amazon Alexa as additional features.
It is backed by 2 years TP-Link’s warranty.
- This router has tri-band frequency system add up speed up to 5400 Mbps (band 1: 5Ghz @2167 Mbps, Band 2: 5Ghz @2167mbps, Band 3: 2.4 GHz @1000 Mbps)
- This router comes with MU-MIMO technology which can seamlessly connect multiple devices and can stream simultaneously.
- The 1.4 GHz dual-core CPU gives enough power to connect multiple devices simultaneously.
- Comes with TP-Link Homecare Antivirus protection.
- Inbuilt VPN for a safe and personal browsing experience.
- It has 4 Ethernet and two super-speed USB ports.
- 8 External Antennas.
- Inbuilt Guest Network secures the network by creating a separate network for guests and visitors.
- Parental control – Ensure a safe internet experience for your kids even when you are not in your home, by restricting access to inappropriate websites.
- A powerful Tether app for the router’s ultimate control from your mobile device.
- Installation is made very easy by TP-Link’s own web interface or through the Tether app.
- Connect your internet connection to the router and an ethernet port to your PC or connect the router’s wifi with the PC and go to TP-Link’s website type tplinkwifi.net or 192.168.1.1 to the search bar and start installing your router.
- Or you can connect your mobile device to the router’s wifi and install the Teather apps and start installing the router.
- Great 5 GHz performance with 8 external antennas.
- Alexa and IFTTT support.
- Nice UI on Web interface and apps
- To take the full advantage of this router you need your computer and mobile devices to be upgraded with the latest hardware version or otherwise, you cannot enjoy the 5GHz facilities.
- Bad design of the router.
- Could have made more output ports in this price segment.
This $450 (approx) is the second best choice on our list.
The Asus Rog AX11000 is a gaming series router comes with a tri-band frequency system works on 802.11 axes and can add up to 11000 Mbps (bandwidth).
It is divided into two 5.0 GHz and one 2.4 GHz, the 5GHz frequency is capable of max speed of 4804 Mbps each and the 2.4 GHz is capable of a max speed of 1148 Mbps.
This is equipped with 8 external antennas with MU-MIMO technology having the power to keep connected a large area without any distortion.
It is equipped with 2 USB ports (2* 3.1) and 4 ethernet ports for your seamless connectivity and a dedicated 2.5 Gbps LAN port for the best gaming performance.
The USB ports allow you to make your USB printer or external hard disk wireless. It has inbuilt 1.8 GHz quad-core processor for your uninterrupted performance.
It is loaded with ASUS AiProtection security as an antivirus to protect you from viruses coming through the internet. It is equipped with 256 MB flash memory and 1 GB DDR3 Ram to control a seamless connection through a large area.
It is covered with 2 years of ASUS Warranty.
- This router has the tri-band system add up speed up to 11000 Mbps (band 1: 5Ghz @4804mbps, Band 2: 5Ghz @4804mbps, Band 3: 2.4 GHz @1148 Mbps)
- It has 8 external antennas with MU-MIMO technology for seamless activity.
- It has 4 ethernet ports 2 USB 3.1 1st gen USB ports and one dedicated 2.5 Gbps LAN port for excellent gaming performance.
- A Game Boost button for ultimate gaming performance enhancement.
- 1.8 GHz qual-core processor with 256 Mb flash memory and 1 Gb Ram makes it perfect for seamless and powerful performance.
- OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiple Access) and 1024-QAM high data rate are enough for producing 11 GBPS bandwidth.
- Controls included Parental control, Network service filter, URL filter, Port filter .
- An inbuilt VPN network option for personal and safe browsing option.
- Traffic Analyzer, Adaptive QoS, WTFast Gamers Private Network, AiProtection Pro keeps your router safe from external internet threats.
- AImesh system for whole home coverage.
This router is backed by 2 years ASUS warranty.
Installation is easy, just plug the router with internet cable and power, then go to router.asus.com and set up your wifi and router configuration.
- A dedicated 5 GHz signal for gaming.
- A dedicated 2.5 GBPS Lan port for gaming.
- MU-MIMO technology with OFDMA (orthogonal frequency division multiple access) for excellent signal distribution and multiple seamless device connectivity.
- Asus AIProtection for neutralizing security threats.
- Not for all, it is an expensive product.
- Bulky and big in size.
This $500 (approx) router is the third choice in our list.
The Netgear Nighthawk XR700 router comes with tri-band frequency system works on latest 802.11AD or Wigig capable of the maximum speed of 7.2 GBPS.
The tri-band is divided into three bands 60 GHz, 5 GHz, and 2.4GHz. The 60GHz is capable of 4600 Mbps, the 5 GHz can give you max 1733 Mbps and 2.4 GHz is of 800 Mbps max.
This router is equipped with 4 external antennas with six ethernet ports and two high-speed USB (3.0) for your seamless connectivity.
It is enabled with MU-MIMO technology to cover up a wide area of the wireless network. Optimized especially for optimum gaming purposes by Netduma.
Its heart has a 1.7 GHz octa-core processor with 1 GB Ram running that is capable of multiple connections wired and wireless and capable of a seamless experience.
The router’s security system covers you from security threats and DDoS attacks keeping you safe when you are online.
This product is backed by a NETGEAR limited 1-year Hardware warranty.
- 10 Gigabit LAN SPF+ dedicated ethernet port for the optimum gaming experience.
- This is a tri-band router having a max speed of 7.2 GBPS i.e, 60 GHz 4600 Mbps, 5GHz 1733 Mbps, 2.4 GHz 800 Mbps.
- 4 external antenna with MU-MIMO technology for a seamless experience.
- It has 6 LAN ports, 2 high-speed USB (3.0) ports and one dedicated 10Gigabits SPF+ Lan port for connectivity.
- 1.7 GHz quad-core processor with 1 GB DDR3 ram for a powerful connection.
- Nighthawk pro-gaming features for gaming optimization software by Netduma.
- Gaming Dashboard-Customized view of real-time bandwidth utilization by device, ping, etc.
- Geo-Filter-Control your lag by limiting distance to game servers or other players.
- Network monitor – checks bandwidth-hogging devices and identify what causing lags.
- Own security system for protection against threats, DDoS attacks and a reliable VPN service for protected browsing.
Installation:– Installation can be done by two processes, with the Nighthawk app or with the web interface.
- Just plug the router with internet cable and power supply and then open a browser click routerlogin.net and simply set up your router.
- Just install the Nighthawk app in your mobile device and then connect the router with the internet and power supply, connect your mobile device with wifi and open the apps to configure your router.
- Superb gaming-focused DumaOS.
- Lots of I/O ports.
- Support 60 GHz Wireless technology and 10 GBPS ethernet connectivity.
- Solid throughput performance
- Expensive product, not for all.
- 10Gbit LAN port requires expensive SFP+ adapter to be useful.
This $350 (approx) router is the fourth choice in our list.
The Linksys Max stream AC5400 with a tri-band frequency system works on 802.11 ac and can add up to 5.3 GBPS (bandwidth).
Its frequency is divided into three bands 2.4 GHz and two 5 GHz. The 2.4 GHz band is capable of providing a maximum bandwidth of 1000 Mbps, the two 5 GHz is capable of providing 2133 Mbps maximum bandwidth each.
This is equipped with 8 external antennas with MU-MIMO technology for seamless wireless connectivity experience.
This is equipped with 8 ethernet ports with one USB 2.0 and one USB 3.0 high-speed USB to connect your hard-disk, printer and use it wirelessly.
Its heart has a 1.4 GHz processor running that can easily handle multiple connections easily and with MU-MIMO technology every connected device can experience a smooth connection.
This router is backed by 1 Year LINKSYS warranty.
- This router has a tri-band frequency that adds up a maximum speed of 5.3 GBPS (1000 Mbps @2.4 GHz; 2133 Mbps @ 5Ghz; 2133 Mbps @5GHz).
- This router comes with MU-MIMO technology that can handle various wireless devices easily and can connect simultaneously without lag.
- This has a powerful 1.4 GHz dual-core processor
- 8 external antenna, 8 ethernet ports, 2 high-speed USB is more than enough for your better connectivity and maximum wireless coverage.
- It has Beamforming Technology that increases the efficiency of your home Wi-Fi that enables multiple household members to enjoy simultaneous high-bandwidth.
- It has parental control to set the limit of the users, ensure a safe internet browsing for your kids even if you are not in the home.
- Guest connection option available for providing a secure connection for the guests who want to connect to your wifi.
- Linksys smart wifi app for easy control of your router including guest access, parental control, monitoring, etc.
- Installation is simple by connecting the router with power supply and an internet cable, then connect the router to your PC or Laptop and connect to the Linksys secure network as shown in the quick guide.
- Eight LAN port and two USB ports.
- MU-MIMO technology for seamless performance.
- Media prioritization settings for selecting the devices that require an always strong connection and speed.
- High priced, but less priced than above routers.
- Bulky product.
# 5: D-Link EXO AC2600
This $120 (approx) is the fifth choice in our list.
The D-Link EXO AC2600 is a dual-band router work on 802.11 ac. The frequency bands are traditional 2.4Ghz and one 5Ghz band capable of max speed of 2600 Mbps.
The 5Ghz band can provide max 1733 Mbps and the 2.4 GHz can provide a max speed of 800 Mbps, this has 4×4 data stream which can simultaneously provide signals to all the devices connected to its range and reduce wait time.
It is equipped with 4 external antennae with MU-MIMO technology which can provide seamless wireless experience.
Its underlying 880 MHZ processor with 128mb of ram handles multiple users with ease. It has 4 Gigabit LAN port with one USB 3.0 port and one USB 2.0 port provide you an amazing experience.
Its advance smart beam technology tracks your devices simultaneously to provide seamless wifi speed and range throughout your home.
It is covered with 3 years D-LINK warranty.
- The router has dual band frequency (1733 Mbps @ 5 GHz; 800 Mbps @2.4 GHz) capable of maximum 2600 Mbps.
- It is equipped with MU-MIMO technology improves simultaneous streaming on multiple devices.
- The 880 MHz dual-core processor and 128 MB of ram are enough of handling multiple devices.
- It has 4 ethernet and two high-speed USB ports.
- 4 external antennas and 4×4 data stream provide an amazing wireless experience.
- Advance smart beam technology tracks your devices for enhanced wifi speed range to your home.
- Traffic optimization prioritizes network traffic for seamless gaming and browsing.
Installation:– Installation is very easy by its web interface, just power up the router connect the internet to the router and connect the router to your PC or laptop and go 192.168.1.1 to your address bar and then activate your router.
- The router is affordable.
- MU-MIMO technology, USB ports with 4 External antennae in this price range is amazing.
- A dual-core processor.
- Customizing your setting can take time, the User Interface is not user-friendly
This $70 (approx ) router is the sixth choice in our list.
The TP-Link Archer AC-1750 is an affordable budget wireless router, comes with dual-band frequency works on 802.11 ac technology.
The frequency bands are 5 GHz and 2.4Ghz, the 5 GHz is capable of a maximum speed of 1300 MBPS and 2.4 GHz is capable of a maximum speed of 450 MBPS which adds up to a maximum speed of 1750 MBPS.
It is equipped with 3 external antennas and 3 internal antennas to boost the range so that the signal can reaches to every corner in your room.
It has 4 ethernet port and two USB ports for your seamless connectivity. The USB ports allow your printer or hard-disk to use as a wireless device.
The underlying 750 MHZ Qualcomm processor is capable of multiple devices and seamless connectivity.
It is covered by TP-LINK 2 year warranty.
- The router has dual band frequency system which can add up to 1750 MBPS (1300 MBPS @ 5 GHz; 450 MBPS @ 2.4 GHz).
- Qualcomm 750 MHZ single core processor is capable of handling multiple devices and to provide seamless connectivity.
- It is equipped with two USB ports and 4 ethernet ports for seamless connections.
- 3 external and 3 internal antennae for greater coverage.
- Supports 802.11 ac technology, the next-gen wifi system.
- Guest network access provides a secure connection to the guests accessing your network.
- Full Gigabit wired connection for ultrafast data transfer speed.
- A powerful Tether app can give you full control to your router.
- this router supports IPv6, the next generation of the internet protocol.
Installation:– installation is very easy by TP-Link’s own web interface or by tether app.
Just power up the router and connect the internet cable to the router, connect the router to your PC or laptop and type 192.168.1.1 to the address bar and set up your router.
Or you can install the tether app to your Android or IOS device, power up the router and connect the internet cable to router, connect the wifi to the device, by using tether app you can easily set up the router.
- The router is affordable with great wireless coverage.
- Supports next-gen wireless technology 802.11 ac.
- Gigabit wire-speed routing.
- Guest network setting for bandwidth control of the guest network.
- A powerful Tether app to control the router from your device.
- It has strong external antennas, that does not tilt easily.
- Limited wireless settings.
- Media serving is not that great.
This $80 (approx) router is the seventh choice in our list.
The D-Link DIR-867 router is an affordable budget wireless router, comes with a dual band frequency system works on latest 802.11ac technology and can add up to 1750 Mbps.
The dual-band includes one 5 GHz band which can provide up to a max speed of 1300 Mbps and one 2.4 GHz capable of providing a max speed of up to 450 Mbps.this router equipped with four external antennas with MU-MIMO technology to provide the best wireless connectivity with a seamless experience.
It is equipped with 4 LAN ports for multiple device wired connectivity. It has a 3×3 data stream to connect multiple devices wirelessly without much waiting time and to give simultaneous speed and range that covers your whole home.
It is underlying 880 MHz dual-core processor is capable of multiple wired and wireless connections and to handle with ease.
This router is protected by a 1 year D-Link warranty.
- This router has dual band frequency that can add up to a speed of 1750 Mbps (1300mbps @5 GHz; 450 Mbps @2.4 GHz).
- The router comes with MU-MIMO technology that helps to connect multiple devices and can provide strong connection simultaneously.
- The 880 MHz dual-core processor is capable of handling multiple devices with ease.
- It has 4 Gigabit high-speed ethernet ports.
- It has 34 external antennas for a strong and long range.
- Inbuilt Guest Network secures the network by creating a separate network for guests and visitors and bandwidth control for a guest network.
- parental control- manage unwanted websites, to ensure safe browsing for your kids even when you are not in the home.
- Advance AC smart beam that tracks your connected devices for enhanced Wi-Fi range and speed.
- Supports 3×3 datastream for increased throughput.
Installation:– The installation is easy with the web user Interface and through Dlink app.
Just power up the router and connect the internet cable to router, connect the cable from the router to your PC/ laptop and type 192.168.1.1 to your address bar and a website will open just go there and set up your router.
Or just download the D-Link apps for your Android or IOS device. Power up the router connect the internet cable to your router and then connect your device to the router’s wifi, then open the app and set up your router.
- Very affordable, a router that anyone can buy.
- Good throughput.
- Supports next gen 802.11 ac technology.
- MU-MIMO technology at this price range.
- No USB ports.
# 8: TP-Link AC1900
This $90 (approx ) router is the eighth choice in our list.
The TP-Link AC1900 (Archer C7) is a great affordable gaming router from TP-Link.
It comes with a dual band frequency system works on the latest 802.11 ac technology and can provide a maximum speed of 1900 Mbps.
The dual-band includes one 5 GHz band that can provide a maximum speed of 1300 Mbps and one traditional 2.4 GHz which is capable of maximum 600 Mbps.
This router is equipped with 3 external antennas with Beamforming technology that detects your wi-fi connected devices and concentrate in which device you need the most of the data and provide the maximum bandwidth to keep your whole house a highly concentrated wifi zone.
It has 4 Gigabit Ethernet port, one USB 3.0 high speed and one USB 2.0 normal speed ports for your smooth connectivity. This has a great Heart of 1GHz dual-core processor that keeps this router maintain the seamless connectivity with constant multiple device activity.
It is covered by 2 years TP-Link warranty and 14/7 technical support.
- This router has a dual-band frequency system add up speed up to 1900 Mbps (5Ghz @1300 Mbps and 2.4 GHz @600 Mbps).
- This router comes with Beamforming technology which can connect multiple devices at any corner of your house and can provide seamless connectivity.
- The underlying 1 GHz processor keeps this router to maintain its all promises.
- It has 4 ethernet port and 2 high-speed USB ports for your I/O.
- Guest network-Provides secure access to the guests sharing your network.
- Parental Control- Allows parents or administrators to secure the limit of web access by set-up URL blocking.
- IPv6 Supported – This router supports the next gen of internet protocol.
- A powerful Tether app to access and manage your router from your mobile device in the easiest way.
Installation:– Installation is simple by the web interface or by the mobile app Tether.
just plug the router with power and internet cable, connect the router to your pc/laptop then browse tplinkwifi.net to your address bar or just log in to 192.168.1.1 from any browser and set up your router.
And also you can download the Tether app to your Android or IOS device and power up the router and plug it with internet cable, then open the Tether app connect to the router’s wifi and set up the router.
- A strong signal on both Band.
- A budget gaming router.
- Easy to set up.
- Bandwidth control on both Downlink and Uplink.
- No VPN server.
- Can only be positioned vertically.
The Linksys EA-7500 is an affordable router, comes with dual-band frequency works on the latest 802.11 ac technology and can add up to a maximum of 1.9 GBPS speed.
The dual-band frequency divided into one 5GHz band which is capable of a maximum speed of 1300 Mbps and one 2.4 GHz band that can provide a maximum speed of 600 Mbps.
This router is equipped with 3 external antennas with MU-MIMO technology and Beamforming technology to provide a seamless connection to multiple simultaneous devices in your house.
It has 4 ethernet ports for multiple wired connections and 2 high-speed USB 3.0 port for media sharing, printer sharing, file transfers etc to do wirelessly.
Powered by a 1.4 GHz dual-core processor to keep the delivered promises of this router. It has 3×3 streams of technology to control gaming and streaming simultaneously with ease.
This router is covered with 3 years LINKSYS warranty.
- This router has a dual-band frequency system that adds up a total speed of 1900 Mbps (1300 Mbps @5 GHz and 600 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz).
- This router comes with MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology which can seamlessly connect multiple devices and can stream simultaneously.
- This has 3×3 stream technology that controls streaming and gaming simultaneously.
- The 1.4 GHz dual-core CPU gives enough power to connect multiple devices simultaneously.
- Comes with 4 ethernet port and two high-speed USB 3.0 ports.
- 3 external antennas.
- Guest access- create a separate password enabled wifi network for up to 50 guests.
- Parental Control – Ensure a safe internet experience for your kids even when you are not in your home, by restricting access to inappropriate websites.
- Device prioritization – Prioritize the device that needs the most speed or bandwidth.
- A powerful Linksys smart wifi app to control your router from your mobile device.
Installation:– Installation is fast and easy. No CD required. You can do it by PC or by your mobile device.
Just power up the router, connect the internet cable to the router and connect the router to your PC/laptop through LAN and type 192.168.1.1 to the address bar from any of your browser and set up your router.
Or you can download Linksys smart wifi app to your Android or IOS device. Then power up the router, connect the internet cable to the router. Then open the app and connect your mobile device to the wifi and setup your router through the app.
- 1.9 GBPS bandwidth.
- Dual USB 3.0 ports.
- Linksys smart wifi app, you can control your router from anywhere on the internet through this app.
- No VPN.
- It is slightly overpriced compared to the same featured routers.
This $90 (approx) router is the tenth choice in our list.
The Netgear R6700 Nighthawk is an affordable gaming router comes with dual-band frequency system works on latest 802.11 ac and can add up to a maximum speed of 1750 MBPS.
The bandwidth has one 5 GHz band that can provide a maximum speed of 1300 Mbps and one 2.4 GHz band that can provide a maximum speed of 450 Mbps.
It has 3 external antennas with beamforming technology that detects the maximum speed requirements of the connected device and provide accordingly and provide a seamless connection to your house.
It is equipped with 4 ethernet port with one high speed 3.0 USB port. The USB port can be used to make your hard disk or printer wireless.
This router has a great heart of 1 GHz dual-core processor that can keep all the promises delivered. Additionally, this comes with google voice assistant and its powerful Night hawk app to control your router with voice and from your mobile device.
This router is backed by a limited 1-year NETGEAR warranty.
- This router has dual band frequency which can add up to a maximum speed of 1750 Mbps (1300 Mbps @ 5 GHz and 450 Mbps @ 2.4 GHz ).
- This router has Beamforming technology that can connect multiple devices and provide a seamless connection experience.
- The 1 GHz dual core processor of this router provides enough power to control multiple connected devices simultaneously.
- Inbuilt VPN for safe and personal browsing experience.
- It has 4 ethernet port and one high-speed USB 3.0 port.
- 3 external antennas.
- Guest access- A separate and secure password protected wifi network for guests.
- Parental Control – Manage and control inappropriate websites for a safe browsing experience for kids.
- Google voice assistant to control your router through your voice.
- A powerful Netgear Nighthawk app to control the router from your mobile device.
Installation:– Installation is very easy by Netgear Nighthawk app or through the web interface.
Just power up the router, connect the internet cable to the router and connect the router to your PC/laptop through LAN and type 192.168.1.1 to the address bar from any of your browser and set up your router.
Or you can download Netgear Nighthawk app to your Android or IOS device. Then power up the router, connect the internet cable to the router. Then open the app and connect your mobile device to the wifi and setup your router through the app.
- Google Voice Assistant support.
- A budget gaming router.
- Inbuilt VPN at this price range.
- The USB port at the front for ease of use.
- Only one USB port
- Router Firmware is mediocre.
Let’s look at some important notes :
There are three types of the band present in a router i.e they are single-band routers, dual-band routers, tri-band routers.
Single-band routers:- They use a single frequency band of 2.4 GHz in which they used to receive and send a signal. They are the old model and their maximum bandwidth is 450 Mbps which is good for basic internet uses like surfing, browsing, etc.
- Low purchase price
- Compatibility with almost all devices, as multi-band devices typically support 2.4 GHz connections (but not vice versa)
- The lower frequency is better at penetrating obstacles such as walls, doors, furniture, etc.
- Lower maximum speed than multi-band alternatives.
- Given the age and technology of 2.4 GHz devices, you will likely experience lots of signal interference, which can reduce Wi-Fi speed and stability
- Single-band routers won’t include modern features, like app-based monitoring or device prioritization
Dual-band routers: This is the next-gen technology of wireless routers the dual-band, they operate on new 802.11ac standards.
They have basically an extra band which is of 5 GHz frequency, with previously allocated 2.4 GHZ made them giving the speed of 2167 Mbps or more which are good for video surfing, playing online works and doing high ends job on the internet.
They use one 2.4 GHz and one 5 GHz frequency band.
Then also introduce MIMO (Multiple Inputs Multiple Outputs) on these dual-band routers so they can connect with various devices simultaneously and can give a smoother experience while multiple devices doing multiple tasks on the internet.
- Being the current market standard, dual-band routers might surpass their single-band cousins in cost, but they still sport entry-level prices.
- With more modern hardware, dual-band routers offer more range and stability than single-band routers.
- Compatibility with recent 5 GHz-friendly devices.
- Double the bandwidth of single-band routers (or more)
- Though you’re much more likely to experience interference on the 2.4 GHz band, the 5 GHz band will continue to become more populated over time
- Speed is impacted by the number of connected devices using Wi-Fi.
- 5 GHz has a shorter range than 2.4 GHz which will affect more according to the obstructions like walls, furniture, etc.
Tri-Band routers: After the succession of dual-band routers tri-band routers came into play. They introduce an extra band of 5 GHz with their existing dual-band routers. Meanwhile, they are using three frequency bands of two 5 GHz and one 2.4 GHz adding up to give a speed of several GB/sec.
- More connected devices are less likely to affect negatively Wi-Fi speeds
- Three separate Wi-Fi bands mean triple the total bandwidth.
- You can dedicate each band to devices in the home or office
- More bands equal to less interference
- Higher CPU speed can make file transfer faster and can smoothly handle multiple Wi-Fi-connected devices.
- Costlier than dual-band models
- If you don’t have 5 GHz-compatible Wi-Fi devices, the upgrade might not be noticeable.
Buyer’s Guide – Best Wireless Routers
To be on a good wireless network you need a router, and what router you should buy. Let’s see what are the things we should look before buying a new router.
First, you need to know that there are multiple standards of routers available 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n, 802.11 ac.
The 802.11b variation is old it has a maximum bandwidth of 11 Mbps, then comes the 802.11g standards which are able to provide a maximum speed of 22 Mbits/sec, then comes the 802.11n which is modern and are available widely can provide a max bandwidth of 54mbps-600mbps.
The latest and the next standard is 802.11 ac which supports MU-MIMO technology and can provide up to 1.3 Gbps bandwidth. So depending up of your speed choose your router, the largely available routers are 802.11n and 802.11 ac standards.
MU-MIMO technology(Multi-User Multiple Input Multiple Output) is the technology that can simultaneously provide multiple access to all your connected devices without signal congestion and can connect multiple devices with very less time.
Must check that is your router supports IPv6 protocol or not. Nowadays all protocol works on IPv4 but the next generation network protocol is IPv6. Maybe, your Internet Service Provider updates their internet protocol from IPv4 to IPv6 and then your router will become useless if your router doesn’t support IPv6.
Check how many ethernet ports you require and does the router have that amount of ports or not so you can meet with your requirement. Also check the USB, because it will help you to make your USB devices wireless one.
Check your home size and check the routers range so that the router can cover your whole home, The 2.4 GHz band can travel a long range but in a slower speed and alternately 5 GHz travel for a shorter range but can carry a much large speed.
So check the frequency bands and bandwidth on the bands so that you can understand the internet speed your ISP is providing can go with routers bandwidth to get a wide range with full speed.
Best wireless router FAQ
How can I boost my Home wifi Signal?
- Select a good place for your router.
- Keep your router updated both in case of hardware and firmware.
- Buy a wifi repeater, booster, extender to boost additionally.
- get a stronger antenna etc
- Use the latest wi-fi technologies like 802.11 ac.
- Control the apps that taking the most of your bandwidth.
Do I need a better Router?
- To connect your multiple wireless devices like smart TVs, smartphone, laptops, tablets etc you need a good router to control all of the devices simultaneously.
- Take the router that supports MU-MIMO technologies if you have various devices to connect and use simultaneously. At least check that your router has latest 802.11ac to maximize your speed.
What things should I look for in a router?
- Your router should have dual-band or more.
- Should have a good processor with RAM.
- A USB port is preferred (USB 3.0 would be better).
- Your router should have a smartphone app. Preferable those apps which you can use when you are not near to your wifi.
- Your router should support IPv6 internet protocol.
- The router should have real-life speed.
What is the range of a 2.4 GHz and 5GHz wireless router?
- 2.4 GHz band can reach up to 150 feet 46meter in indoor and 300 feet 92 meter in outdoor with low bandwidth and 5 GHz bands can travel only one-third of these ranges but with greater speed/bandwidth.
Which router brand is best?
The best brands are D-Link , TP-Link , Netgear , Asus , Linksys ,Allied Telesis, Juniper Networks ,Digisol, Telco system , Sierra wireless,Yamaha, LANCOM system, Huawei Routers, Billion electric, ZTE,Cisco Systems, Buffalo technology , Dell , Mitsubishi, Broadcom, Extreme Networks , Alaxala Networks etc and there are few more.
What does a router do?
The router is basically a device that transfers your wired internet to a wireless one. The router takes the internet from a modem and makes it wireless which can be used by any wifi enabled device i.e. laptop, tablet, mobile, smart tv etc to access the internet without wire connection.
And also a router can connect up multiple devices, so buying a router can give you access to all of your wifi enabled devices from mobile to Smart Tv all device can access the internet through a router.
What is the fastest Wifi speed?
If you want the router that will give you the fastest speed you need to buy 802.11ac version router. They are the fastest wifi router available in the market.
They can give you speed from a minimum bandwidth of 433 Mbps to several GBPS, but first, you need to understand that the router cannot go beyond your ISP’s speed.
So if your ISP is providing 5 Mbps bandwidth and you brought 11 Gbps router it will give you a max of 5 Mbps only.
What is a good WiFi Ping?
You can check your ping or latency through an online website and check the report. Less ping means better gameplay. A below 20ms ping result is considered to be the best ping, while a ping above 150ms could result in lag.
Is high ping good or bad?
A good ping means anything below 20ms and ping over 150ms means you can see lags.
If your concern is playing game then high ping is the worst thing, because in a shooting game-high ping means a lot of lag and can affect your gameplay. So a lower ping is always desirable.
Is 5 Mbps fast enough for Netflix?
Yes, a 5 Mbps internet speed is enough for a single user watching SD stream. If you want an HD or 1080P streaming then you need at least 10 Mbps internet connection limited to a single user watching only.
What internet speed do I need to watch 4k on Netflix?
The least internet speed require to stream 4k videos on Netflix is 25 Mbps, if you need to watch 1080P or 720P a lower speed is applicable but for 4k you need to be above of 25mbps to see lag free 4k videos on Netflix.
How to choose internet service providers?
- First, find internet service providers in your area.
- compare plan, pricing, speeds and more.
- Test your current internet speed.
- Check your requirement, that how much speed you need.
- Then choose your ISP or internet service provider.
How long will a router last?
You don’t know the exact age of a router to die, it can last up to several years or it can last to 2-3 years. But we recommend you to buy a new router if you haven’t brought within 3-4 years. And the hardware, internet protocol are always updating, so keep yourself update with hardware so that you can enjoy the latest technology on the router.
Which is faster Ethernet or WiFi?
Ethernet use wired connection to provide internet and Wi-Fi uses a wireless connection for the internet. Yes, there should be a speed difference between ethernet and wi-fi. because ethernet use wired connection so the wired connection will always work slightly faster than a wireless one. So yes Wi-Fi is slightly slower than ethernet.
Do multiple devices slow WiFi?
A router does not share its own internet connection they don’t have their internet. they share modem’s internet connection.
So theoretically connecting multiple devices does not slow down the speed, but multiple devices accessing the internet can slow down because the total bandwidth getting shared with multiple devices as the total bandwidth is constant, that’s why multiple connections can slow down wi-fi speed.
Thanks for reading the blog.
Hope you have found the required router from the list and required information from the buyer’s guide. The list here created are in discrete view of author only, we have thoroughly searched for the products and listed out the top 10. Please review your product before buying as per your requirements.
When it comes to buying many will suggest you buy many products but you have to decide your requirements before buying a router. There are many devices with different feature, price, bandwidth, etc. As per your need choose the right product for your great wireless internet experience.
The companies listed here have a great market share for routers. We have listed our few best product from their wide range of products.