Searching for the best welding helmet in 2019? Check this post here we listed down some under $100, under $200, and some best budget welding helmet or Best auto-darkening welding helmet for you. Even we reviewed some big welding helmet companies like – Lincoln, Jackson, Hobart, etc.
Introduction of Best Welding Helmet
A welding helmet is a type of headgear used when people do a certain type of welding to protect the eyes, face, and neck from the flash burn.
Welding is a common work in every workshop whether you are a weekend warrior or a full-timer you will need a welding helmet to protect yourself.
The rays from welding points can cause damage to different parts of your body. It can harm the skin and eye retains which can ultimately cause blindness and other eyes complication.
One thing every welder user never forget is to wear a Good welding helmet and Gloves. Not only it will protect your eyes from ultraviolet rays and infrared when using angle grinders it will provide protection to the rest of your head from debris.
Helmets help you in the prevention of complication including red eyes, inflamed eyes, retina burns, and other physical harm which can be sustained in the workshop.
If you are in the market for New welding helmet then you have got your work cut out for you. There’s a lot of options available and sorting through them all can become a very interesting task.
To help you in searching for the best auto darkening welding helmet we have gathered in information on the 10 best auto darkening welding helmet for your welding pleasure.
Comparison Of Best Welding Helmet 2019
|List of Welding Helmets||Viewing area||Ratings|
|3. 86″X1. 73″||9.6|
|3.74″ x 3.34″||9.3|
|3.8″ x 2.7″||9.8|
|3.93″ x 2.36″||9.4|
|4.2″ x 2.8″||9.3|
|2″ x 4″ Shade||9.2|
|3 13/16 x 1 13/16||9.1|
|Lincoln viking 2450||1/1/1/1 viewing area||9.7|
|98 x 89mm / 3.86″ x 3.50″||9.0|
10 best Welding Helmet 2018
Antra AH6-260-0000 Review – Best budget welding helmet
- This welding helmet has a 3. 86″X1. 73″“ viewing area which is really great.
- The shade selection range for the AH6-260 lies between 5-9 and 9-13. The light state shade is 4 which is slightly darker than Vikings.
- The headband is a great improvement over the old headbands in comfort and stability. The best part is you don’t have to lift the helmet every time you stop welding and flip it down to start again
- This welding helmet has fully automatic power ON/OFF. So its a real advantage for the buyer as it will start up and off automatically.
- Antra welding helmet is lightweight so you will not face any difficulty in wearing it for the whole day for your work. The weight of this welding helmet is near about 1 pound.
- The helmet comes with an extra feature of a fully customizable LCD which will help to memorize the last setting used so that you don’t have to adjust it every time you put it on.
- The price for this top Antra helmet is only $44 which is a great deal for a durable and such a high-quality helmet.
- Antra ah7-360-0000 has automatic on/off switch.
- Viewing area of this welding helmet is really wide.
- It’s almost as inexpensive as the Honeywell. It also comes with quite a few replacement lenses, which sweetens the deal.
- It’s covered by a 1-year warranty.
Special feature about this product
Cheaper and lighter than other auto darkening helmet and it will start up and off automatically.
What I miss on this product
- It’s not a well-known brand.
- Provides one year warranty.
Antra AH6-260 is near about 6 times cheaper than Viking. If you compare Antra AH6-260 and Viking price wise or feature wise then you will see Antra AH6-260 is one of the best budget auto darkening helmet in the market. But if you compare it with Lincoln electric then i will say you that it’s a reputable brand and Antra AH6-260 is not but Antra will provide you better feature and better quality than Lincoln.
- The viewing area of this Lincoln welding helmet black,3350 series 3.74″ x 3.34″. As the viewing area of this welding helmet is large it provides a great facility in working.
- The headband is a great improvement over the old headbands in comfort and stability. The best part is you don’t have to lift the helmet every time you stop welding and flip it down to start again.
- Lincoln welding helmet enhances productivity and safety which every buyer should look for as they will weld for a whole day safety should be the most essential part for them.
- It is lightweight which really essential or rather important for the welder who wears it for a long period of time while doing work. The exact weight of this welding helmet is 3.2 pounds.
- The Lincoln Viking manages to look great while being one of the safest helmets on the market.
- The Lincoln 3350 helmet provides excellent optical clarity as well as it provides a very large viewing area allowing the wearer almost total freedom of home movement.
- It has a grind mode setting that has been included so that you can have an appropriate shade for whatever light may be available.
- It offers the benefit of removing the green tinge from the viewing window that tends to occur on the entry level helmets that offers some level of automatic shading.
- The price for this top Lincoln welding helmet 3350 is $246 which is a great deal for such a brand product.
- Very beneficial for beginner welder because of its durability and easy fit.
- Provides five-year warranty.
- The helmet is easily adjustable without removing with the help of a rubber grip.
- Pretty lightweight-only 19 ounces.
Special feature in this product
This auto darkening welding helmet features a crystal clear visibility which you can’t find in other helmets.
What I miss in this product
- The product is slightly on the expensive side.
- It has solar power only no battery assist in this product.
The Jackson safety BH3 has a top range lens with high visibility and incredible clarity. It has a high sensitivity auto darkening feature, the Jackson safety focuses, as its name suggests, on safety first. It protects the neck and the wearer’s face and sporting a high impact resistance. You can use it in a variety of application like Stick, TIG and Mig welding.
- The viewing area of Jackson safety W40 is 3.93″ x 2.36″ which means it provides great wideness.
- A person who is looking for an auto darkening welding helmet that offers industrial strength and lets you do the job safely the Jackson safety 4613 will serve the need for you very well.
- As this helmet has an auto darkening filter for this you won’t have to worry about hurting your eyes while you are spending long hours on this work.
- The filter does their jobs in lightening the shade and darkening as per the condition.
- It’s an advance helmet as it comes with digital controls that are very easy to operate.
- Although Jackson is an industrial grade helmet, Still Jackson safety 46131 can also be used by the beginners.
- Its light weight means that it will be more comfortable than heavier models and the straps tightening mechanism works well and are easy to operate even with gloves. So those who will wear this welding helmet for the whole day it will provide them great comfort as it is lightweight. The exact weight of Jackson safety W40 is 1.0 pounds.
- The 4 arc sensors of Jackson safety welding helmet are useful if you need to weld in tight spaces or somewhere with obstructions because even some areas are blocked the lens will still darken.
- The hood is super comfortable and lightweight which decreases neck torment and strain head pains so you can concentrate on quality rather than trying to get the job done as quick as possible.
- The price of this Jackson safety 4613 is $139 gives you the compliance you are looking for.
- It is a lightweight and high-quality construction.
- It will provide you comfort after wearing it for a long session.
- Jackson welding helmet has a wide viewing angle.
- Jackson auto-darkening welding helmet has separate modes for grinding and welding.
Special feature of this product
It suits a variety of welding applications which also include arc, TIG, and MIG.
What I miss in this product
Users have complained about an unexplained delay in auto darkening.
It is ideal for the serious hobbyist and professional welders. If you are wearing a helmet more than 10 hours a day then this helmet is for you as it’s lightweight and very flexible. The person who wants constantly to flip your hood up then this helmet is for you.
- The viewing area of 3m speedglass welding helmet of 4.2″ x 2.8″.
- The speed glass 9100xx welding lens is the biggest lens in the speedglas arsenal. It can be found in at 2.8 × 4.2 in (72x107mm) and along with the optical professional of the lens that– rather truthfully.
- This helmet is perfect for the expert welding shields who need the convenience superior security and a first class auto-darkening filter with dark/light changes and quick light/dark.
- The speedglas brand is one that it acquired and is the front for the majority of 3M’s welding helmets and hoods.
- These welding helmets help protect the eyes and face in numerous ways. For starters, the helmet blocks welding sparks and spatter from reaching the eyes and face. The helmet also protects the eyes from exceptionally bright light and rapid changes in brightness, which can both stress and harm eyes.
- The auto darkening filter reduces the need to flip the welding helmet up and down between torch placements, which helps to boost productivity by reducing the stop-and-start time needed with passive lens welding helmets.
- It is a lightweight welding helmet. The exact weight of this welding helmet is 15.87 oz. (450g). So you can easily wear this welding helmet during your working hour.
- It has a ergonomically designed head suspension offers wearing comfort and it has a side windows with dark shade 5 filters increase peripheral field of view.
- Provides great lens clarity and performance.
- It is fairly comfortable headgear, lightweight for an auto hood.
- Easy to remove the lens for cleaning and to replace cover lenses
- Fantastic battery life.
Special feature of this product
This auto darkening welding helmet has increased coverage for the head and ear.
What I miss in this product
- This helmet may be a little bit expensive but much extraordinary technology from 3M company that will improve your welding technique to a totally new level.
- You can use this auto darkening function for up to 2.000 hours before replacing the new one.
The Speedglass welding helmet is durable. Its ergonomic features add a high level of comfort by reducing pressure on vital nerves and arteries and acupoints. This helmet provides you the highest standard of reliability. Buyers can expect a long lasting helmet from speedglas.
Fibre-Metal Pipeliner welding helmet – Best welding helmet under $ 100
- The viewing area on this Fibre-Metal Pipeliner welding helmet is more than 2″ x 4″ Shade.
- The fiber metal pipeliner welding helmet by Honeywell is specifically designed for a pipe welder. It is quite compact which makes it perfect for working in tight areas.
- The superglas plus material deflects spatter and sparks and is self-extinguishing. In addition, it is also moisture-proof and impact-resistant.
- The constant fit rubber headband is pretty easy to adjust and the free-floating arms ensure stability and comfort.
- Its free-floating arms minimize pressure points for comfort and ensure the welding helmet delivers good balance and stability while welding.
- The pipeliner of this helmet is moisture proof and impact resistant to prevent cracks or chips or splits in even the harshest welding environments.
- The shade 10 lens allows for clear viewing of the weld puddle for maximum welding performance. Filters out ultraviolet (UV) and infrared (IR) wavelengths for maximum eye protection.
- If you are looking for an auto darkening welding helmet under $100 then Fibre metal pipeliner will be the perfect choice for you.
- Its exclusive ‘free-floating’ arms balance and stabilize the helmet while minimizing pressure points for long-wearing comfort.
- It is backed by limited periods warranty from the date of original purchase.
- Its compact design provide access to tight areas where other helmets would not fit.
- This helmet is made from fiberglass which is quite light but very strong which make this helmet very durable.
- You can use this helmet in humid condition and is also resistant to impacts.
- The welding mask of this helmet provides a huge viewing area.
- The cost of this helmet is relatively low compared to the other auto darkening helmet.
Special feature of this product
The shell of this helmet is extremely durable, its impact resistant, the material will not split, chip or crack.
What I miss in this product
- This helmet does not work with a respirator so you cannot use this helmet to weld toxic materials.
- The lens of this helmet is passive and small.
This is known as an ordinary welding helmet which has a few adjustments to make it a good enough as a Professional welding helmet. While looking for the best auto darkening welding helmet I can assure you this particular model will provide you the value for your hard earned money which you will not find in 3M Speedglas Helmet as its price is pretty high.
Hobart 770756 Impact – Best welding helmet under $200
Viewing area – The viewing area of this welding helmet is 3 13/16 x 1 13/16 which is a large viewing area lens.
Designed with latest LCD lens technology – The Impact Series auto-darkening helmet line is designed with the latest LCD lens technology for best-in-class eye protection.
Built with durability and comfort – The Hobart Impact Series helmets are designed and built with durability and comfort in mind. The Impact Black helmet shell is made from lightweight and durable polyamide and includes new, ultra-comfortable headgear.
Warranty – Hobart auto dark helmet provides two years of warranty which is really a sign of durability what else a buyer want for their money.
It’s a little wide, don’t expect to get into very narrow spaces with it, but does a good job of deflecting spatter.
Provides sensitivity control – Hobart auto-darkening welding helmet has sensitivity control has an infinite adjustment for varying ambient light which is a really great thing for the buyer.
- Provides two-year warranty.
- It has auto on/off a system.
- Delay control between 0.1 and 1.0 seconds
- 4 independent arc sensors
Read- best heated jacket
Lincoln viking 2450– Our recommended Welding Helmet
Viewing area – It has 4 sensors in it and a wider viewing area which is great for welding farm equipment. It has perfect 1/1/1/1 optical clarity 2450 improves visibility
This auto-darkening welding helmet eliminates eye strain so you can do your job without feeling exhausted at the end of the day.
Lightweight- It adjusts to fit your head correctly and is sufficiently light that you will surely forget you’re wearing it. So you can wear it for long periods of time.
Warranty- This welding helmet provides a limited period of warranty with this price what else you want for.
Provides adjust facility while wearing welding gloves- Lincoln viking 2450 also offers plenty of space to view your welds. The headband adjusts easily, even with welding gloves on. So it will provide you the flexibility of adjusting the welding helmet easily while you are wearing it.
- 4C Lens Technology with perfect optical clarity
- Big viewing field
- Comfortable pivot-style headgear
- Sleek shell design
Read- best air conditioner
Viewing area- Antra welding helmet provides 98 x 89mm / 3.86″ x 3.50″ viewing area.
Suitable for plasma cutting and MIG Not only is the Antra AH7-X30P-6404 digital controlled solar powered auto darkening model suitable for plasma cutting and MIG, but it also works well for those who do TIG and MMA model, and it has a grinding feature as well.
Lightweight- The weight of this welding helmet is very light. The actual weight of this welding helmet is 535g/19oz. you will surely forget you’re wearing it so it will give you great comfort in your welding work.
Digital controlled sensitivity- This welding helmet has digital controlled sensitivity which will help you to avoid mistakes to ensure that you always use correct setting.
It has digital controls and settings that you can see in even the lowest of light conditions, and you can make the adjustment that you need through interior controls.
- It has a higher sensitivity than other models.
- Fully automatic power on off.
- Provides bright led display.
- Its color is not so much attractive.
- The viewing area of this welding helmet is 3.63” X 1.65” which is really wide. As this helmet has a large viewing area you can use this helmet for TIG, stick and MIG welding.
- This auto-darkening filter greatly reduces the need to flip the welding helmet up and down between torch placements, which helps to boost productivity by reducing the stop and start time needed with a passive lens welding helmet.
- This is the best auto darkening welding helmet with variable shades ranging from #9 to #13 and is powered by solar cell batteries.
- Its filter has a wide viewing area of 3.63” X 1.65” giving you a full view of your welding area and complete UV/IR protection.
- The Instapark GX-500S has a sensitivity of 0.06 milliseconds that’s twice as fast as Jackson safety W70 and Jackson safety W40 Still it’s nowhere nearly as fast as the Viking 3350 or the AH60-260.
- This helmet has only 2 arc sensor which is not surprising at this low price.
- This helmet is ergonomically designed and made of lightweight composite material, the ADF GX-500s features a custom fit made possible by padded interior and ratcheting headband.
- Like the Jackson safety helmet, this helmet is also solar powered not battery powered.
- This helmet is pretty much suitable for the hobbyist and the occasional welder.
- Its improved optics of 1/2/1/3 denomination deliver optimum optical clarity to minimize eye fatigue.
- This helmet will provide you comfort no matters for how many hours you are wearing this helmet.
- Instapark GX-500s is backed by a one-year limited period manufacture warranty from the date of original purchase.
- Backed by one year limited period warranty.
- Budget-friendly welding helmet.
- This helmet will provide you comfort no matters for how long hours you are wearing this helmet.
- Low response time.
- Maintains pretty nice design.
Special Feature of this product
The helmet offers great perspective and good viewing angles no matter how long or high you decide to wear it.
What I miss in this product
- It’s not for the professional welder.
- Has only 2 arc sensor.
Buyers guide of Auto-darkening welding helmet
Notice at the weight of the welding helmet:-
Weight should be a serious issue for every people but especially if someone weld as a professional then the person should wear it for almost 8 to 12 hours then if that person buys a heavy welding helmet for him then it will be very tough to wear it for so many hours. You should also notice at the strain on your neck. You likewise need to ensure the knobs in favor of the helmet can support the weight when flipped up. There’s nothing more irritating than seeing your helmet gradually tumbling down while you’re attempting to do some work.
People often skip about the most important thing before choosing a product for him. But have you ever think that which welding helmet you will buy for you will it give you comfort or not? So before buying a welding a helmet for you should notice whether it provide comfort or not as it is a most important aspect.
Lens switching speed:-
This is the manner by which quick the auto adjusting lens machine is. Distinctive head protectors have different modifying levels. Clients should concentrate on getting the speediest changing focal point machine to help in their occupations.
Number of sensors
Different head protectors have a diverse number of sensors. Clients should go for getting the protective caps with the highest number of sensors on the grounds that the more the number of sensors the better the scope of the item.
Fixed on your budget:-
You should remain in a fixed position while buying a welding helmet as if you spend $500 to buy a welding helmet for you then you will definitely find a quality welding helmet for you. But you should always remain within your budget at first you have to think about your financial condition then you should buy a welding helmet for you after remembering that budget.
Why you should buy a welding helmet?
A good welding helmet is very important when doing any kind of welding. It protects the user from the radiation (UV, IF) emitted by welding arcs, and from heat and debris impact. A helmet with good optical clarity contributes to the quality of welds, as they allow the welder to see the weld puddle clearly.
With non-auto-darkening helmets, you’re constantly forced to “head nod” to raise and lower the hood while welding, leading to neck discomfort, loss of focus, and lower quality welds. With an auto-darkening helmet you won’t need to remove the helmet at all – in fact, many of the top brands even offer adjustment controls on the external part of the helmet, or as a separate controller which can be adjusted without even removing your gloves. Now if that isn’t convenient, I don’t know what is!
Not only are these helmets worth the money – they look great too. In fact, some helmets look more like a work of art than a protective tool and also come packaged with welding stickers to further personalize to your taste.
So here we give the features of 10 best welding helmet of 2019 which will help the buyer to select a quality welding helmet for their work to solve any purpose. So it’s time to take a decision you should read all the review carefully before buying the welding helmet for your work. I think you will not find a disadvantage of the welding helmet.
Better pick one form our list as those are testified by lots of experts and mechanics. You can completely trust on those. Therefore, we also tried to gather the best welding helmet for the money as well.
However, the choice is yours! Nobody is forcing you to pick one from here. Whatever you pick just pick wisely. That’s all for now. Supremeten is always here to solve all your ten best product related problems. If you have anything on mind feel free to state. More essential product lists are coming soon. Till then:
Frequently Asked Question
What is an auto darkening welding helmet?
An auto darkening welding helmet uses a special lens, light sensors, liquid crystals, and electronics to change from a #3.5 tint to a #9-13 welding tint almost instantaneously. It has been invented almost 30 years ago.
What are the advantage of using the auto-darkening welding helmet?
The benefit of using auto-darkening welding helmet is you can watch your work surface without flipping the helmet. It means the helmet will automatically prevent arc radiation which will, therefore, give protection to your eyes when welding.
What size lens do I need?
The dimension of 3.5 to 1.75 inches in terms of height and length will be the perfect size welding lens. If you have ordinary welding jobs then it will be the perfect size lens for you.
How many sensor do I need?
For DIYers and for the most hobbyist 2 line sensor will be perfect. But if you are on a specifical industrial regulation then you may need 4 line sensor.
What does Adflo mean?
An Adflo powered air respirator which is specially designed to meet your welding needs by providing continuous filtered air while wearing.
How much chin movement should there be when operating my lens?
There is minimal chin movement that will be involved when using your welding helmet. The lens will adjust itself automatically according to the job you are undertaking.
How long will the battery last?
With the welding helmet, you can not estimate how long will your battery last. It is influenced by factors like for how much time you are using the helmet. There are helmets that have solar cells which facilitate darkening of the filter when you are working under a sun. If you constantly use your welding helmet then it will last for about 3 years.
Can I use my welding helmet for grinding?
Many welding helmets gives the facility to activate the grind mode. But before buying a welding helmet you should be specific to what feature you may need to complete your job.
What is the warranty with a welding helmet?
The warranty of welding helmet varies according to the brand as the different brand offers you a different warranty. Basically, quality welding helmet offers 2-3 years of warranty.
How long do welding helmets last?
If you are using the lowest price welding helmet then it will last for 3 years of constant welding but if you use higher end helmets then you can use for more than 5000 hours of continuous use.
What is the best auto darkening welding helmet?
Jackson Safety Welding Helmet is the best auto darkening welding helmet it will be more comfortable than heavier models and the straps tightening mechanism works well and is easy to operate even with gloves.
Do welding helmets need batteries?
You should know that a range of welding helmets are built using fixed internal batteries, which can not be replaced usually assisted with a solar panel. They tend to need charging in the sunlight before use and after prolonged stored periods.