Introduction of best dual action polisher
If you’re looking for a machine polisher to speed up waxing your car or removing scratches from your paint then I recommend you look the Dual action orbital polishers.
Hyet dual action polisher is the best way to improve the looks of your bike or car. By using this polisher you can do the work in within your budget.
Dual action car polishers are designed in removing or masking sub-surface paint defects, enhancing the surface gloss, while preparing the surface for wax or sealant protection.
Unlike Rotary polisher which spin in single direction forced rotation, Dual action orbital polisher oscillates or wobble while spinning which is super safe to use.
Polishers come in two main categories Dual Action Random Orbital and Rotary buffers. This dual polisher really helps a person in improving the looks of your color.
Many people will buy it by watching the price of the dual action polisher, some will decide by watching the performance of the dual action polisher, some will decide by watching the combination of all factors. Throughout this post, I am going to give you an unbiased reviewed about best dual polisher.
Before buying a dual polisher for you-you should take a look about this two things that are watching the price, watching the performance of the polisher. To avoid a poor selection of products, you must consider the recommendations from the professionals who have tested it. Besides user reviews, the top dual polisher is also tried for conversion effectiveness.
Comparison Dual Action Polisher 2019
|TORQ BUF501X 10FX Random Orbital Polisher kit||1500-4200||9.7|
|3000 – 7500||9.6|
|600 – 3,000||9.4|
|Rupes LHR15ES Big Foot||700-5000||9.2|
|Flex XC3401||3200 to 9600||9.1|
|2,500 – 6,800||8.8|
List Of 10 Best Dual Action Polisher 2019
TORQ 10FX Random Orbital Polisher Review
- The Torx 10fx is a middle-range professional-caliber polisher is a great choice for the person who is weekend car fan.
- Professionals who deeply understands polishers, pads, and products will be more than happy with this Torqs results and performance.
- This random orbit sander has an internal component and machine configuration finely balanced for superior ease of use and unmatched user experience.
- The TORQ 10FX random orbital polisher redefines state of the art by delivering a machine that is precise, accurate, smooth, powerful and ergonomic.
- It has a digital display and speed control buttons for precise and intuitive control which is really great. The easy-to-read digital display gives the user clear information about speed settings.
- TORQ 10FX is proud of its attention to ergonomics, user-friendliness, and smooth power delivery, all of which are on display in this polisher.
- The ergonomic design fits perfectly in the hands of any detailing enthusiast or professional.
- The advanced vibration reduction technology allows the user to work longer with minimal strain.
- The Torq 10 fx features a unique digital control system that creates a perfect speed to polish any vehicle while giving a smooth start-up and engagement.
- The TORQ 10FX is the machine of choice for any beginner, hardcore enthusiast, or professional detailer looking for one simple, lightweight, and powerful machine that can do it all.
- The powerful 700 watt motor of the TORQ 10FX delivers the power and torque needed and demanded by enthusiasts and professionals alike.
- The soft slow start is great as it keeps you in control with no jerking at the start.
- Its digital display and speed control buttons provide precise and intuitive control.
- It has wide 2800 – 7800 RPM power band range.
- Speed controls in a bad location.
- Included flexible backer falls apart easily.
Special Feature of this Product
- Torq 10fx is a onboard digital controls for extra precision.
- It is designed specifically for car detailing.
It will be a great choice for the person who is a weekend car fan. This polisher has an easy-to-read digital display gives the user clear information about speed settings. This polisher has an advanced vibration reduction technology which allows the user to work longer with minimal strain. So if you are a weekend car fan then you can have this polisher for you.
PORTER-CABLE 7424XP Polisher Review
- PORTER-CABLE 7424XP 6-inch variable-speed polisher which is the most popular dual action polisher in the market. It is also one of the cheapest.
- The Porter-Cable 7424XP 6-inch polisher features a 4.5 amp motor for high overload protection and random orbit.
- This dual action polisher has a 6-speed setting so they have several options to choose from depending on how much speed they can handle and what type of work they want to do.
- The 7424XP accepts 5/16 to 24 spindle thread accessories, and it offers a full ball and roller bearing construction for durability under industrial workloads.
- This action polisher has a removable 2-position side handle so you can use whichever hand you want to use. If you don’t want to use the handle of the polisher, you can also have the option to remove it.
- This action polisher has a better design that is easy to use and comfortability. The trigger is well placed and makes for an easy transition from one position to another while removing swirls and oxidation from your car.
- It comes with a 6-inch polishing pad. Its random orbit, swirl-free sanding/polishing action.
- It features a proprietary counter balance for use with a 6-inch sanding/polishing pad, and it features a two-position (left or right) removable side handle for greater comfort and control.
- This Porter-Cable tool is backed by a three-year limited warranty covering any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship. It’s also covered by Porter-Cable’s one-year free service contract, where porter-cable will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use–for free.
- The PC 7424XP Variable Speed Polisher is truly outstanding available in this market. Its electronic variable-speed dial is 2,500-6,800 OPM.
- This PORTER-CABLE 7424XP has two-position (left or right) removable side handle for greater comfort and control.
- Ideal for polishing and sanding automotive and marine projects.
- This random orbit, swirl-free sanding/polishing action really helps you in polishing.
- Backed by three years of limited period warranty.
- It’s a bit heavy for its size, but not the heaviest among all polishers.
- This dual action polisher 2019 has no hook and loop attachment.
Overall, you can see why the porter cable 7424XP 6-Inch variable-speed polisher is so popular amongst novice and professionals. This polisher has a removable 2-position side handle so you can use whichever hand you want to use. It is backed by three years limited periods warranty so you can say that this polisher is durable.
Meguiar’s MT300 Polisher Review
- The Meguiars MT300 is a car polisher which is designed for both professionals and beginners.
- The Meguiars MT300 Dual Action Polisher is ergonomically designed to deliver outstanding user experience, even during extended polishing sessions.
- Meguiar’s provides high-performance car care products for every automotive surface, both on the interior and exterior of cars.
- This dual action polisher has a billet counterweight with multi-bearing design ensures smooth, precision balance with increased durability.
- The wide 3000-7500 OPM (orbits per minute) speed range makes polishing fast and highly effective. The orbital throw of the machine is 8mm.
- The best features of this tool is it is lightweight. The design is sleek and it weighs only 5.4 pounds in total weight. The design is specially designed to reduce the fatigue that you will feel when using it.
- The right amount of torque is delivered by the digital circuit so you can work continuously with just the right amount of speed.
- The MT300 is backed by a 1-year limited periods warranty through Meguiars. This would be 1 year from the purchase date.
- The MT300 features digital torque Management (DMT) which gives vital torque to keep up speed levels. With its basic “thumb adjustable” speed setting of 3,000 OPM to 7,500 OPM (Orbits Per Minute).
- This dual action polisher has a multi-position D-handle improves comfort and control for optimal user preference.
- Meguiars MT300 is good for both beginners and professionals.
- This polisher provides you a good grip, lightweight and comfortable in user’s hands
- Meguiars MT300 removes contaminants with minimal effort.
- It has a soft start feature helps in making sure that it doesn’t splatter the product all over.
- It does not come with a backing plate and pad.
- Can be a little noisy
The person who wants to invest in something which will do your job perfectly and last for a long period of time then this product will be the perfect choice for you. This polisher is something which will be worthful in paying.
Makita Polisher 9227C Review
Best dual action polisher for beginner
- Makita made the 9227C a precise tool with more settings on the speed dial than the DEWALT DWP849X offers.
- The Makita 9237CX2 features a large, comfortable handle and a convenient spindle lock in the polisher to make changing pads easy.
- This is a multipurpose polisher that works quite well in the detailing industry as it does with industries like “body shops” when it comes to sanding.
- The 9227C is powered by a 10 AMP motor with variable speed that delivers 600 – 3,000 RPM, with electronic speed control to maintain constant speed under load.
- The trigger lock of this polisher and electronic speed control keep the polisher working always at the same speed even under load. Makita also gave the 9227C a soft start like DEWALT did with its 849X.
- The 9227C is engineered for a wide range of polishing and sanding applications and is ideal for automotive and marine detailing as well as stone polishing work.
- The 9227C is just another example of Makita’s commitment to innovative technology and best-in-class engineering.
- Makita 9227c combines 10 AMP power and variable speed control with a pre-set maximum speed dial. The result is fast and powerful polishing for clearcoat finishes, and more.
- The soft start feature ensures smooth start-ups, and the lock-on button is designed for continuous use at one speed.
- The ergonomic handle with lock-on trigger switch is designed for continuous use at one speed, and the loop handle provides a comfortable grip for easier operation. The three-prong plug is engineered to prevent static electricity accumulation.
- Makita tool is warranted to be free of defects from workmanship and materials for the period of one year from the date of original purchase.
- Makita 9237CX2 3 prong plug to prevent static electricity accumulation.
- Its soft start feature ensures smooth start-ups.
- This sander has a powerful and fast polishing which provides you clear coat finishes.
- The variable speed control of Makita 9237CX2 enables you to match the speed to the application.
- The loop handle of this polisher provides a comfortable grip for easier operation.
- Backed by only one year’s warranty if you want more durable polisher then have PORTER-CABLE 7424XP which will provide you three years warranty.
Makita 9237CX2 is powered by a 10 amp motor with variable speed that delivers 600 – 3,000 RPM. This polisher has a comfortable handle and a convenient spindle lock in the polisher to make changing pads easy. So all these features make this polisher different from the other.
Rupes Big Foot Polisher Review
- It is an Italian based tool. The LHR15 is built to the absolute best models and is one of the lightest machines of its type and quality is also great.
- The Rupes is perfect for the novice and professional detailer looking for high performance, easy to use a polishing machine.
- The Rupes big foot polisher makes paint correction easier than even imagined without the risk of burning through the paintwork.
- It has a smooth begin function which implies that it gently develops the speed when first starts so as not to unevenly disperse your detailing product.
- The variable speed dial of this polisher is handy, It is easy to use and allows the operator to control the speed of the tool even when the tool is operating.
- The Rupes LHR 15es big foot random orbital polisher leaves a flawless finish when polishing on single stage and clear coat surfaces.
- The Rupes LHR 15ES big foot polisher makes paint correction easier than even imagined without the risk of burning through the paintwork.
- The overall things of this dual action polisher make it the ideal choice for the people who are using it professionally, the build quality of this dual polisher is really great which makes it different from the other.
- The Rupes LHR 15ES big foot random orbital polisher features a variable speed control that gives the user six settings for any polishing situation. It is perfect for polishing cars, trucks, boats, RVs, and even motorcycles.
- The Rupes LHR 15ES big foot random orbital polisher will take your detailing possibilities to the next level of perfection.
- Exceptionally smooth, quiet compared to other machines, and very well balanced.
- Ergonomically very comfortable to hold, even for long detail tasks.
- This polisher is perfect for novice and professional detailer.
- It is perfect for polishing cars, trucks, boats, RVs, and even motorcycles.
- Backed by only one year of warranty.
- Price of the polisher is on the higher side.
The LHR15 is an Italian based polisher built to the absolute best models and is one of the lightest machines of its type and quality is also great. This polisher is perfect for novice and professional detailer. Buyers who are looking for lightest polisher they can have this polisher.
Flex XC3401 VRG Review
- Flex is the most premium brand in the car care industry. So you can trust this brand when you want to buy car paint polisher for you.
- The Flex XC 3401 VRG dual action orbital polisher comes with a combined rotary and orbital motion. It offers the same level cutting performance as the flex first-generation rotary polisher.
- The XC3401 has a powerful 900-watt motor and an impressive orbit speed range of up to 9600 ppm. This dual action polisher is really powerful.
- The forced rotation of XC3401 combined with dual action movement allows for a real sense of control over the machines cutting and refining.
- It is a great product and easy to use. So people who want dual action polisher which they can use easily can buy this flex xc3401.
- The flex XC 3401 VRG dual-action orbital polisher delivers a thorough and precise polish finishing that shines your paint and leaves a glass like finish.
- This polisher has a forced rotation that helps you to cut on awkward angles without the help of machine bogging down and you don’t have the fear of overheating due to dual action.
- This Polisher is equipped with restart protection which comes in handy for temperature monitoring, power interruption, speed selection, and overload protection.
- The Flex XC3401 VRG an orbital action polisher is an all-action tool that will restore your ride and make your car shine which I think every buyer look for.
- It features permanent direct drive for an even cleaned surface and, a carbon brushes wear down, the motor will be automatically switched off and thus protected from damage.
- This action polisher delivers a greater level of comfort, ease of use, and breathtaking results. It is a great all-rounder polisher and is suitable for every user.
- This polisher responds well to pressure to increase cut or less pressure when refining needed.
- The motor of this polisher will be automatically switched off and thus protected from damage.
- This dual action polisher is really powerful.
- Faster, durable and more reliable than any other buffer on the market.
- It’s quite a loud machine.
- The Vibration from this machine is quite strong.
The person who is the first-time polisher will find the grips with the flex very quickly. The machine is so refined that it makes making mistakes with it or inflicting holograms in paint actually more difficult achieve than not and has a really high quality feel to its build and mechanisms.
Griot’s Garage Polisher Review
- Griot’s garage polisher has been designed for both experienced and beginner detailers and is a very popular polisher.
- This new orbital polisher offers the same great power as the previous version, but they have redesigned the exterior to achieve a new level of comfort and ease of use.
- This action polisher has a rubberized palm grip and finger notch on the head of the orbital, plus molded finger grips on its body ensure complete non-slip control.
- This latest-generation 6” Random Orbital combines the power, torque, and reliability of the previous model with ergonomic improvements that make it a joy for anyone to use.
- The Griot’s Garage 6” random orbital features a hook-and-loop backing plate, for easy mounting of a variety of pads. It is available with a 10-foot or optional 25-foot power cord.
- You can operate this machine under low speed, low heat conditions, so there is no fear of “burning” through paint or removing too much material.
- This dual-action random orbital polisher features a strong 5/16’ stroke and six variable speeds, from 2800 to 6800 OPMs.
- A domed, rubberized palm grip along with an adjustable handle ensures that this machine is easy to use.
- The Griot’s Garage is backed by limited periods warranty to the buyers from the date of original purchase.
- It has been designed for both experienced and beginner.
- This machine is easy to use and provides a rubberized palm grip along with an adjustable handle.
- Griot’s garage polisher is user-friendly and almost error-proof.
- The person who is a beginner Griot’s garage polisher will be an ideal choice for him.
- The pads of this polisher have to be purchased separately and can be difficult to find.
- Materials that are with the product can be expensive to replace.
It is a great all-rounder polisher and is suitable for everyone regardless of their experience. The best thing about this polisher is that it’s almost error proof. It means if an accident occurs while using this polisher the polisher won’t cause any effect.
DEWALT DWP849X polisher review
- Dewalt DWP849X polisher is a great variable-speed polisher suited for metal surfaces or finishing concrete and detailing projects.
- The DEWALT DWP849X 7-Inch/9-Inch variable speed polisher is an easy-to-use tool that will allow you to polish a variety of materials with ease.
- The DWP849X’s included hook-and-loop backing pad makes for quick and easy tool-free accessory changes, and it is compatible with a variety of hook-and-loop accessories from any number of brands.
- It’s ideal for applying a layer of wax completely, and also to polish away the toughest scratches, 3D images, and oxidation.
- It has a variable speed trigger allows the user to control speed from 0 to dialed maximum setting easily. This speed trigger will help the buyer to control the polisher.
- This polisher comes with electronic control for maintaining a specific speed on the load to deliver your desired results. You can use the variable speed dial to adjust the speed to up to 3,500 rpm in different applications.
- The rear handle of this polisher is ergonomically sculpted with a rubber over mold to further improve comfort, and the non-marring rubber gear case cover helps to minimize finish scratches or scuff marks—combining the best of form and function for any polishing needs.
- Dewalt DWP849X polisher combines power and finesse for auto and boat detailing and metal finishing.
- The Dewalt Dwp849X features a three-position bale handle. The handle gives you multiple gripping options for handling a particular project.
- This dual action polisher is backed by a 90-day money-back guarantee, a one-year free service contract, and a three-year limited warranty.
- Dewalt Dwp849X has a 3 position bale handle capabilities.
- It has a loop and hook accessories.
- You can use it to finish or polish metal or concrete surfaces.
- Backed by three-year limited period warranty.
- If you use it for a long period of time it may get too hot to touch.
- The soft start of this polisher causes jumping.
DEWALT DWP849X 7-Inch/9-Inch is a versatile polisher that can be used on a variety of materials like boats and cars. This product will really worth your money. This polisher has got a positive review from each and every customer which make this polisher really special.
Chemical Guys Polisher Review
- The Porter Cable 7424XP is a professional tool guaranteed to bring out the very best finish.
- The Porter Cable 7424XP features industry-leading Dual-Action technology to safely and effectively restore any color paintwork.
- Porter Cable 7424XP operates electronic variable speed between 2,500 – 6,800 OPM (Oscillations Per Minute).
- The Porter Cable 7424XP is the safest way to restore your vehicle’s paintwork by removing swirl marks and scratches while also providing the ability to apply waxes and sealants faster than ever imagined.
- The porter cable 7424xp features industry-leading dual action technology to safely and effectively restore any color paintwork.
- This porter cable works 100 times faster than a super buff athlete but it never gets tired
- This action polisher is the perfect kit for any detailing professional or automotive enthusiast to restore the paintwork on their vehicle.
- Chemical Guys include 2 monster microfiber towels with premium silk lining that is gentle and will keep your paintwork free of scratches.
- The Porter Cable 7424XP operates by orbiting the polishing pad around a center spindle while the pad freely spins on its own axis.
- This porter cable provides a limited period warranty which is really great. So this provides durability for the buyer.
- This polisher safely and effectively restores any color paintwork.
- Porter Cable 7424XP removes swirl marks and scratches.
- It works 100 times faster than a super buff athlete but it never gets tired.
- Backed by limited periods of warranty.
- It’s a bit heavy for its size, but not the heaviest among all polishers but if you want the lightest polisher then have Rupes Big Foot Polisher.
- Has no loop and no hook attachment.
The Porter Cable buffer is popular for a reason; it is a good tool and is an ideal choice for any beginner! It works 100 times faster than a super buff athlete but it never gets tired. All these features make Porter Cable 7424XP really special.
Flex XC3401VRG Review
- The FLEX XFE 7-15 150 random orbital polisher is perfectly balanced for surface finishing perfection.
- The Flex XFE7-15-150 is lighter than the Rupes LHR MKII but a little heavier than the Griot’s garage polishers. It’s more expensive than the Griots but cheaper than the Rupes polisher.
- The FLEX XFE 7-15 uses a free-spinning dual action mechanism to gently rub and scrub away scratched and swirled dead layers of paint with an abrasive pad and compound.
- The expanded orbital throw mechanism spreads buffing heat over a large area for even surface finishing and fast correction time.
- The FLEX XFE 7-15 is lightweight, balanced, and easy to handle for any detailing expert or enthusiast.
- The forced rotation allows for cutting on awkward angles without the machine bogging down and without fear of overheating due to dual action.
- The flex polisher has a real drive that has a constant lift that ensures the polisher’s movement is precise under the load and that its techniques are uniform.
- The Polisher is equipped with restart protection which comes in handy for temperature monitoring, power interruption, speed selection, and overload protection.
- FLEX XFE 7-15 provides you limited periods warranty to the buyers from the date of original purchase.
- It is equipped with restart protection.
- This polisher doesn’t generate as much heat.
- Its forced rotation allows for cutting on awkward angles without the machine bogging down.
- It is lightweight, balanced, and easy to handle for any detailing expert or enthusiast.
- It’s not the smoothest polisher.
- This polisher is very harder to control.
It’s still one of the best polish machines for cars but, personally, I enjoy the long throw polishers more when needing to polish quickly or when polishing on large vehicles, aircraft, and watercraft.
Buyers guide of dual action polisher
Speed The first factor to consider is speed. The greater the speed the better it targets deep scratches. However greater speed often lead to more heat and friction. When using at high speed it needs caution. The ideal speed for a buffer range from 4000-2000 RPM.
Vibration Car buffer tends to vibrate when in use. Too much vibration can be uncomfortable and it causes inaccurate result as well. If you are planning on detailed work choose a buffer that has minimum vibration.
Weight As you have to lift the machine while doing work on your car. It is important that the buffer should be lightweight. If the machine is too heavy you will feel tired very quickly and you may not be able to work continuously. For best maneuverability, you should ensure the buffer you buy is lightweight and small.
Price Before selecting a car buffer you should fix a price. I think you should compromise on quality not on the price by this way you can have the best polisher for you.
Hand Control Since you might take some time doing the job, you should ensure you are comfortable in doing so. A dual handle will serve you best as you can hold the machine with both hands.
Types Polishers are usually random orbital and other rotational. The random orbital type eliminates all defects while preventing straking or swirling.
People who are looking for dual action polisher can have polisher from our top 10 list. Dual action polisher is really helpful for the person who has a car in his home. This dual action polisher review will help lots of people who are eager to buy Good dual action polisher for them. We have given the list of dual action polisher for every people like Best budget dual action polisher, Good quality dual action polisher, and Cheap dual action polisher.
Frequently Asked Question
What kind of tool is dual action orbital polisher?
Dual action orbital polisher is useful tools for removing swirl marks, oxidation, and minor scratches. Its a preferred choice for applying wax.
What should I use whether car polish or wax?
You have to decide it. if you want to protect vehicles from the element, make them shine and bring out the gloss of their paint then you can use the car waxes.
If you want to remove the scratches of your car and if you found any blemishes in the paint finish then you can use Car polish.
Which option is better machine wax or hand wax?
Polish and wax can be done both manually and electrically. The tools which we use to wax is known as a polisher.
Electric polisher will save your time for that they are commonly used by dealers and body shops. The electric tool is still the most effective way to polish and wax a vehicle.
What is the best dual action polisher?
PORTER-CABLE 7424XP is the best dual action polisher according to me as it delivers the power and torque needed and demanded by enthusiasts and professionals alike. This dual action polisher also provides the durability of three years.
Is a polisher the same as a buffer?
With both processes capable of achieving the same results, the difference between polisher seems as thin as layer paint. Two common action are used by professional detailer for buffering and polishing. One is the rotary/buffer polisher and the other option is dual action buffer/polisher.
Does polishing remove metal?
Polishing is a more aggressive process while buffing is less harsh, which leads to a brighter and smoother finish. The removal of oxidation from metal object is good for using a tarnish remover or metal polish. This is also called polishing.
What does a polisher do?
Polishing is a broad term for a range of processes designed to remove or make sub surface paint defects and greatly enhance surface gloss in readiness for sealant or wax protection.
What’s the best random orbital sander?
Makita BO5031K is the best random orbital sander according to me as it has smooth and fast sanding with 3.0 AMP motor. Its variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application and this sander is backed by three years limited period warranty.
What makes a good buffer solution?
A buffer is a water-based solution containing a mixture of either a base and its conjugate acidan, or acid and its conjugate base.